Being the White Sox fan that I am, I thought I would take a look back at the old home of the team, the original Comiskey Park. Located on the north side of 35th Street at the Dan Ryan Expressway, it was completed in 1910, and was one of the first steel and concrete stadiums built. It was demolished following the 1990 season and was replaced by the current U.S. Cellular Field. Here's a look back at it from it's construction through its demolition.
The last game played there was 20 years ago last month, but it seems like yesterday that I would see the old place during my trips through the 35th St. L station. I Hope you all enjoy the memories as well!
Jeff Kearney
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
AI: PROS AND CONS
Artificial intelligence is showing up everywhere this fall: in our phones, our classrooms and our newsrooms. Most Americans still aren’t sur...
-
The history of jazz has seen many cities and many eras influence this great art form. But few cities and eras have had an effect on the musi...
-
I Chose to dedicate my special video to Fantasia because she has such a humble spirit and is such a powerful soul singer that moves me in sp...
-
Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins and Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers (John Jacobs/NFL) Minnesota Vikings q...
No comments:
Post a Comment